Tioga County Sports Report
TIOGA COUNTY - State playoffs begin this week in football and volleyball while cross country runners head to Long Island for their state championship meet.
Two Tioga County teams, Owego and Waverly, compete in regional volleyball, while Tioga heads to its seventh regional football game in eight years. Eight individuals, plus the Owego boys team, will compete in state cross country.
• Owego takes on Red Hook from Section IX in Class B volleyball at Union-Endicott High School at 6:30 pm.
• Waverly hosts Section IX champion Millbrook in Class C volleyball at Corning High School at 7 p.m.
• Tioga looks to win its seventh Central Region title in eight years against Section III champ Onondaga at Cicero-North Syracuse High School. Game time is 5 p.m.
• The Owego boys and three of the Indians' girls, along with Newark Valley's Marissa Silba, Sophie Stewart and Jonny Sherwood, SVEC's Calum Avery and Waverly's Sheridan Talada, will run in the Class C race at the New York State Cross Country Championships at Sunken Meadow State Park in Kings Park.
• If Owego or Waverly volleyball wins Tuesday, they will compete in the second round. Those matches are being held at John Jay Cross River High School in Cross River, Class B at 4 p.m. and Class C at 6:30 p.m.
Print Friendly Version